...Well, I was just having a look at the 2011 folder, and it's woefully empty-looking, despite it being October already. So I was thinking to myself, "just what have I been doing this year?"
1. Still illustrating that fantasy epic The Hunt.... I'm on chapter 3, of today.
2. I've also been doing a monthly comic strip called EDventures for Go Teach! magazine, tackling issues like cyberbullying, etc.
3. Still enjoying a regular diet of lettering work from Viz. Right now I'm lettering the miniseries The Earl and The Fairy, in addition to the longer-running shojo series, Kamisama Kiss.
4. Did a whoooooooole bunch of refurbishing work on Fraggle Rock Classic, colored another Fraggle Rock story by Katie Cook, And also some greytones/flatting work for Royden Lepp's book RUST. All this for Archaia Studios Press, btw. I'm their new favorite freelance gofer, or something. I'm alright with this.
5. Tried out for several other projects that I would totally post my samples for here, if not for all those pesky Non-Disclosure Agreements I signed. Darn.
6. Other things I'm probably forgetting. ALL IN THE INTEREST OF NOT HAVING TO TAKE COMMISSIONS. Commissions from me seem to be fairly rare outside conventions, since I'm not wild about doing them. It's much easier for me to have a few clients to work with on long projects instead of having a billiion clients to work with on small projects.
SO IN CONCLUSION: I've drawn a lot of stuff I'm not allowed to display publicly. Yet.
I can show you Ulises Grostieta's new cover colors for The Hunt, though~
There were a lot of corrections Ulises had to make to the initial color versions of these, but I'm feeling pretty content with the results.
Peace out, lovers.